Sunday 2 February 2020

A Simple Note


So anyway, I wanted to make another post just to break into five this year and at least post more than last year and I remembered I had this. I first wrote A Simple Note as a caption series for the Rachel's Haven monthly caption competition back in September 2015 with the topic of 'Back to School'. I think this was probably my longest series yet at six panels. Before I found the pictures though I actually wrote it out as text which is something I never do. I have thought of expanding the story though into perhaps a novella as it is based on a fantasy of mine. I haven't added to this although I was tempted as I wanted to present the original form. Anyway, enjoy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

It was just a simple note that started it all. A small note on pink paper that had drifted onto the table one day while I was studying in the library. “You’re one of us now – The Glamourz”. It had to be a joke. The Glamourz were the biggest clique of popular girls in school and I was just geeky Ben. Nobody ever noticed me let alone wanted to hang out with me least not the popular girls. The only remotely interesting thing I had about me was that I was an English transfer student. I found another note in my locker telling me to meet them in the Starbucks in Horowitz Road; a noted hang-out of theirs. A prank, no doubt. Screw them, if it even was them, or whoever was pranking me. 


The next day I was faced with the sight of the three angry Glamourz: Victoria, Ashlee and Carly. I was discretely asked to join them in an empty classroom. Victoria demanded to know why I had snubbed them and I explained why, making myself sound a little more pathetic and them like the school superstars which they were. It worked though and they were satisfied but surprisingly Victoria still extended the offer. Quite how this was going to work, I couldn’t tell but I agreed. 

I was allowed to start gradually hanging out with the girls. We met after school at the mall or Starbucks and they asked me about myself and what I thought about various subjects. For my turn, I asked why they wanted me. What would I bring to the clique? Victoria said that they wanted someone smart to make sure their grades stay as high as they could be (not that they weren’t doing well already) and that Carly saw ‘something’ in me that they could use and no-one was quite sure what. 

One thing that I did know though was that I would need a makeover to be truly considered part of the group. I was taken under Victoria’s wing and would stop by her house before school every day and she would gradually feminise me. First I would be wearing panties every day, then a bra, then a necklace and other pieces of jewellery. I wore girl’s jeans, leggings and yoga pants plus t-shirts, blouses and tops. All female versions of male clothes so as not to arouse suspicion. The jocks surprisingly left me alone, which I expect was the girls – my friends – asking them not to. There was the odd suspicious push in the corridor but even that stopped as my feminisation continued.  

My nails also had to be painted and I grew my hair long. Ashlee took me to the salon for my first appointment. I had hair extensions put in too and they looked lovely. I also had a tan and had my make-up done professionally. My mum voiced some concerns but she told me she was just happy I was making new friends. The girls also put me on their diet and instructed me on the right foods to eat. At a sleepover they also taught me about ‘our’ favourite books, films, songs and TV shows plus our hair and make-up regime and on what days we wore certain clothes. On Wednesdays we wear pink, Tuesdays we wear plaid skirts etc. 

One weekend a month later, I was taken to the mall to choose new clothes. A few of my choices were wrong but I proved I had listened to the girls’ fashion advice and felt overjoyed when they complimented me on my choices. I even had to put a top back because Carly wanted it for herself and of course she outranked me. We then had our post-shopping coffee, one of our new traditions I suggested, which saw us surrounded by bags in the middle of the store. It was then, as I looked wiped my hair out of my eyes, looked down at the outfit I was wearing and the skinny latte in my hand chatting about dresses that I felt part of them, one of the Glamourz. Once we were back at Victoria’s house the girls made me put on a fashion show for them. I also had to prove that I could put an outfit together and behave in a manner befitting the clique. Monday was going to be the big day: I was to sit with them at lunch. My new name was Beth (short for Elizabeth of course because of the Queen) and I left with Victoria who built up my confidence. We all entered the school together for the first time, strutting down the corridors like superstars, and I loved it. 

Everyone accepted me as the new girl. I was with The Glamourz now and everybody was jealous. By now I knew just how to act like one of them and we were dressed in similar outfits too. I gave the impression I was as haughty, spoilt and privileged as they were and even started to believe it myself as we marched down the halls with big, expensive bags on our arms and phones at the ready.  I had never been part of a gang like that before and although I was nervous, I was loving it. I wanted to be seen and admired. There must have been an attention seeking brat inside me all this time. At the end of the day, the girls decided to give some of the guys a treat. We all stood outside their locker room with our backs turned around and when the guys came out we were to lift our skirts and flash our panties to them…except when the guys came out I found that I was the only one who did it. When they started laughing a giggling Ashlee grabbed my hand and we ran down the hall. My initiation was complete. I was now a full member. Afterwards the girls told me the embarrassing things they did to get in. 

I was now Beth and that’s all everyone knew. Ben seemed to disappear from the school and no-one cared. The teachers even called me Beth and there was no suggestion that I wasn’t a girl. My new status got me into all the best parties and we were treated like rockstars. People were just happy to have us there and I started to become a proper party girl. There were a certain number of parties we all would attend and within days I had tons of invites. Everyone wanted to know the new Glamourz girl and I became keen to show myself off although I still had to be aware I was representing The Glamourz. Our reputation and popularity was everything. 

My new status even got me into the cheerleading squad. After seeing the girls in their uniforms, I was so proud to get one of my own. It was hard work dancing and learning the cheers but I was proud to be part of the team. My girls also got me a boyfriend, Ted, who was on the football team. Although I still had feelings towards girls, I couldn’t resist playing the role  - and manipulating him - as I was taught to. He later told me he was gay so we kind of helped each other out. Mmm a piece of very juicy gossip I might be able to use later, I thought.  

It was then I found out who I would become. Victoria was the leader, Ashlee the trendsetter, Carly the gossip and me - the bitch. I became ‘Beth the Bitch’ or ‘Bad News Beth’. One day in class, Courtney Mariens laughed at my shoes and I snapped back at her; ridiculing her outfit with such venom that my girls were impressed. From then on they would get me to tell other girls that they were wearing mis-matched outfits or last year’s fashions or picking on other characteristics. First of all I felt bad, as someone who had previously been bullied, but then I realised that many of those girls had picked on me or bitched about me and it felt so good to get my own back. I loved the power, no consequences (as Victoria told me) and feeling superior. It was intoxicating and brought me such pleasure when I told Lindsey Meyer her dress looked like a $2 hooker had rejected it for being too slutty. The girls then realised what they saw in me and who I could be. People were now afraid of me and I saw it, girls visibly flinching as I broke away from my group and sidled up to them with a superior smirk on my face, applying a fresh coat of lip gloss as I went, to whisper poison in their ear. If a rumour needed to be started or quelled then I would be the go-to girl. 

I went from a nobody to ruling the school and it felt so wonderful. Victoria also told me she would be prepared to whisk me away to a private clinic in the holidays to take care of that small problem in my pants once and for all (she already arranged to have me given regular hormone injections) and I can’t wait for the chance to really become one of the girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment