Wednesday 12 February 2020

Socks and Oscars

Out shopping this weekend I tried on a few things including an odd dress which I couldn't even find the right way to put on which is certainly a first. Had to give up in the end as it was taking too long. I have been considering a dunagree dress but yet trying to keep away from my usual black and blue. Seeing nothing in the red I wanted, I tried on something pink. Didn't fit but I liked the colour. I nearly ended up buying a blue chequered dress but so far I resisted however if it's still there next week I may end up going for it after all. 

What I did end up buying though was socks! Normal boring non-girlie socks (hey, get off my back I needed new socks!) but they were not the only socks I bought this week though and I ended up buying a pair of Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey knee socks with yellow glittery diamonds on like Harley's dungarees in the new movie. Not sure what I've got to wear them with but I wanted them as soon as I saw them and had to wait the weekend to get them. 

The Oscars were also this week and as per usual there were photos of the leading lights of Hollywood all over the papers this week and in one I was delighted to see that Queer Eye's Jonathon Van Ness was wearing a lovely navy gown (below). 

Photo Credit: Stewart Cook/Shutterstock
Taken from Footwear News

The full link to Footwear News is here: Footwear News: Best Dressed at Elton John's 2020 Oscars Party. Don't ask me why it's Footwear News. 

I first saw this photo in one of the papers, just tucked away at the bottom, and I'm delighted at how matter-of-fact the reporting has been. It's simply noted that he's wearing a gown, no shocks or suprises or outrage that a man is wearing a dress. Just that he is and it's beautiful. It's pleasing to see and gives hope to us all. 

Here's another round-up courtesy of the BBC: Oscars 2020. I would have to say my favourite has to be Florence Pugh's wonderful teal dress. Also once more the wonderful Billy Porter from Pose was featured wearing more extravagant creations including a lovely maxi dress. I've seen Pose since I last posted about Billy though and I have to say I really enjoyed the first two series. The series is set in the late 1980s and centres on the world of drag balls and the LGBT community and is well worth a watch.  

See, it wasn't all about socks in the end. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment