Wednesday 29 January 2020

To Hell Bunny and Back

So I realise I may be coming on a bit like a broken record these past few weeks but again I've been tempted into spending money on another new dress. To be fair though it was a Hell Bunny for under £10.00 and was another charity shop find. Not some kind of demonic rabbit you understand but if you haven't heard of Hell Bunny (and I'm sure I've mentioned them before) they make lovely vintage look clothes and I already have one of their dresses; a lovely purple one covered with birds. Unfortunately I couldn't find a link to the dress itself so I assume it's not on sale anymore but it's dark blue with a lace collar and some white buttons. I do quite like it although I'm not fan of the lace collar so much and it's a little tight but otherwise fine and looks a bit secretarial which is always quite nice.

Elsewhere this week I went to some birthday drinks and chose to wear a grey dress with a black collar and big black dots all over it couple with some purple tights, black cardigan and trainers. As usual I shaved my legs but I also did my arms as well. I don't always do it but sometimes it just feels better and even though I was wearing my cardie all the time, the dress did have fairly short sleeves. I always seem to have trouble choosing my shoes now and normally just plump for my trusty trainers but I've started to think more about what matches with what (it was just as well I had already decided on the dress otherwise that would have been another decision).

Coats are also an interesting choice at this time of year when the weather is quite cold here. I only have one girly coat and it's short, pink and has a fluffy collar and sleeves. I've worn it only once but that may be due to it's length, instead I prefer to hide behind a long black coat as I feel I can cover my clothes up a bit more wheras in a bright pink, short jacket it makes you stand out (more so than being a guy in a dress). Perhaps if I had a longer pink coat it would be different. Brighter colours would probably work as these days I always seem to have a mixture of blue and black.

While at the party I was also given a tip by a friend who said that wearing a hair slide can make you look a bit more feminine so I think I will give that a try and see how it looks. Hair slides have also come back into fashion during the last year especially really big rectangular ones.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that link.. I love those! Yes, go buy some more things, hee! Hug, cd sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara. Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete