Wednesday 5 February 2020

Cheerleaders

Well, nothing to report this week clothes-wise. I had my eye on a blue Christmassy looking skirt for 99p and a purple Clara dress that looks like it may be too small for me and there's no changing room in the shop anyway...but I still want it. Also, I mentioned my Clueless cosplay earlier and I've seen some wonderful photos of the progress this week. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. 

Anyway, from one high school movie to a very American fantasy - cheerleaders. There are a couple of reasons I thought I would write a little about this today and one is that I've just started watching the third part of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. This certainly is a go to fantasy for many especially wearing the uniform with the flippy skirt, dancing around, singing and chanting (perhaps cheekily giving everyone a glimpse of your panties) and imaginging you're one of the popular girls. Am I the only one who wished they made the guys wear the skirts as well? When I was younger male cheerleaders were an intoxicating idea, I mean really they let us do that? Really? Oh...maybe not. Just a t-shirt and trousers huh. Any chance of a uniform like one of the girls? No? Damn! 

Not that I ever tried out or anything; we never really had that sort of thing in UK schools. Not in my day anyway. Cheerleading is a frequent caption topic for me although I'm not sure I've done one for a while now however I did want to concentrate on one in particular. 

I wanted to put up a caption I did for the Haven caption contest back in October 2015 which had the theme of Heroes and Inspirations. Below is a little potted history of some of the people and events that have led me to where I am today all wrapped up in a cheerleader caption. This is probably the most personal cpation I've ever written and one of the ones I'm most proud of. Enjoy!

Cheerleader (2015)
 

1 comment:

  1. I think we can all get into cheerleaders! Wait, that came out wrong. None of us could get into one. But, we can wear their cute outfits now!! Hug, Sara

    ReplyDelete