Sunday 22 March 2020

Terri is Sick #2: Slumber Party Sickness

Some caption concepts are wonderfully inventive, well thought out worlds, that consider every nook and cranny of the universe that they are creating to give the reader that fully immersive experience...and then there are those that are made up on the hoof to get shot of a few pictures.

Back in 2013 I somehow ended up with a surplass of photos of girls enjoying themselves at various sleepovers and so, trying to think of a way to string them all together, and I came up with the Slumber Party Sickness. Looking back it seems this is a tiny bit of a cheat as it's not actually a virus but more of an alien gas so I'm not sure why I called it a sickness, perhaps because it sounded good. Reading back through it, I think I must have been inspired by the Nanogenes in Doctor Who's The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances story in which the alien nanogenes begin reshaping humans into the template of the first person they see, namely a gas mask wearing child in World War II London, taking it as the norm.

In this case the gas seeps into a girls' slumber party and takes that as a template for how humanity lives. The gas then drifts into a students' bedroom and then on to a hotel where our lovely Havenettes were presently staying attending an insurance convetion. Needless to say it all turns into a big slumber party! It seems that I haven't used the concept since which is a shame so perhaps I better see if I can bring it back at some point.

Looking back I remembered doing one origin caption for it but I didn't realise that I did two so please see them both below.

Slumber Party Sickness: Origin Part One (2013) 

Slumber Party Sickness: Origin Part Two (2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment