Wednesday 11 March 2020

It's All Yellow

My friends, I have crumbled.

Now, my pledge to stop buying clothes wasn't going to last forever of course but I had hoped to resist buying everything that caught my eye. Unless I bought a bigger wardrobe in the process. This week I did come away with a couple of purchases. I've mentioned before that I do want to cosplay Cher from Clueless in her yellow plaid suit at some point and this week I saw a lovely yellow cardigan that I could wear with it. It's not perfect as the original is lower cut and has bigger buttons but this should do until I find something closer but I still have to try it with the suit to see if it properly matches up. Also in cosplay, a friend of mine gave me some stuff to help with my Missy costume. I'm still looking into getting the actual suit which hopefully will be soon. The more I think about it, the more I'm looking forward to it.

The yellow cardie came along at the right time really as I have been looking into wearing brighter clothes as I do tend to go for blue and black quite a bit. Funnily enough in the last week I've seen a lot of mustard yellow tights around so it may be something that's coming back in at least for Winter. I actually have a pair myself. Dark red is also quite a Wintery colour I've seen around and I have a skirt which I bought quite cheap recently and I'm still finding out how wonderful it looks with various combinations of tops although it feels a little loose so I'm having to pair it with a belt quite a bit. Sometimes you need to feel that bit of bite to know that something is on.     

One dress I did have my eye on was a lovely blue and black zig-zaged number with a slim black belt. also had a bit of a boob window. For a while, lots of clothes seemed to shapes randomly cut out of them. I remember seeing one range of jumpers advising the consumer to check the back lest they get home and find a dirty great hole in the back that was in fact intentionally there. I didn't try it on but I can't stop thinking about it so I may go for it if it's still there at the weekend. What I did buy however was a dress I think I mentioned a few weeks ago, it's a gold and black houndstooth patterned dress with a black collar. It was down to half price. I may have resisted but for the black tights I was wearing at the time and oh it just looked so good.

This week, with an informal staff day looming, I've been thinking about dressing for work again. I'm fairly confident I could handle it and I even have an outfit in mind I would feel comfortable in. Perhaps I'll wait and see how I feel in a couple of months. No links for this week but I hope you've enjoyed this little missive.

No comments:

Post a Comment