Wednesday 25 March 2020

Check Up

I don't really have a lot to write about this week as there's only really one story dominating the world at the moment and that's the Coronavirus pandemic. For avoidance of doubt I'm stll quite well. Over the last week or so everything's shut down and London has become a rather desolate place. I still need to go in for work due to the nature of my job and work in a practically deserted office and feeling guilty that I'm not self-isolating. I think at some point, assuming I survive, and things get back to normal and London is once more hustling and bustling I'll catch myself and remember this time and be glad it's back. Of course one silver lining about working from home, which I will start tomorrow, is that I can dress for it and wear a few of my more work-y outfits.

I hope everyone's been enjoying my little 'Terri is Sick' posts of old captions. If I find any more virus based stuff I'll put them up and there may even be some new ones in the works. 

I'll leave you with a little fact I learnt this week. This is taken from The Book of the Year 2019 by the team behind the No Such Thing As a Fish podcast AKA the QI elves and it's that in 2015 Sweden intruduced the gender neutral pronoun, hen, to go alongside he and she. Over here in the UK  we did trial the use of Mx alongside Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms and Master. I'm not sure if it's still in use, I think it was trialled in Brighton first of all, but I always thought it was quite cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment