Saturday 19 December 2020

Christmas 2020

We all knew this year would be a bit different in terms of Christmas but thanks to new Government announcements about the tier system here in the UK, it looks like I may not see my family at all and so I'll be stuck on my own without even my housemate for company as he's since left (well, still in the process really). I knew that sooner or later the dark day would come when I would spend the festivities by myself but I never thought it would come this soon. It's one day of the year I really look forward too and I don't know what it will do to my mental health but at least it looks like I'll have some time off work which is always nice. 

Anyway, enough doom and gloom and onto things of a more frilly nature. Recently I have bought a couple of new things. Another Clara dress (red and black with a black collar) I really wanted (despite the fact I probably have enough already) and a pair of blue ankle boots. I still need a replacement pair of black ankle boots and I would really love a pair of white ones and possible a pair of white knee high boots as well to fully go for that 1960s look. Now all I need is a place to wear them and it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon due to the pandemic and unfortunately since the cold weather started I've been dressing for work less and less.  

One further thing I would recommend is Sarah Keyworth's short radio series Are You a Boy or a Girl which explores her own gender fluidity and sexuality. There are four episodes, about 15 minutes each, and I really enjoyed it. The series can be found here (apologies if this may not be available in all regions): Sarah Keyworth: Are You A Boy or A Girl?

Still, there's a new Doctor Who special coming up and both UK and US versions of Drag Race are coming back in January. From looking at the intro videos online, long pointy nails seem to be in this year. 

So anyway, I'll wish everyone out there a merry Christmas for the coming week and I'll leave you with a caption. This was created for my 25 Caps of Christmas thread on Rachel's Haven back in 2016 using an old Christmas card. 


One of the Family (2016)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you are hanging in there. It's the same here, where I'll be alone for the first time in many years, and also not by choice.

    But I'm trying to keep my head up the best I can, and have been posting Holiday Captions everyday on my blog since December 14th, and will straight through until Christmas Day .. so please do stop by now and again .. you know the whole thing about idle minds are Dee's workshop or something like that. Trust me, if Santa had MY workshop, he'd cum more than once a year; or maybe less than once a year if he misbehaved!

    Merry Christmas Sweetie! And once again, thanks for offering the 25 Captions of Christmas on the Haven! And we need some fashion shows from you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee. Hope you had a nice Christmas and that you are keeping busy creating. You know I'm always up for a fashion show too :)

    ReplyDelete