Friday 6 November 2020

My Week #10

 As we in the UK enter lockdown for the second time I was able to get one last clothes shop in and bought a new dress from a charity shop partly because I decided I need some more colours in my wardrobe other than black and blue. Ok, so it's still blue but a lighter blue and with some red flowers all over it. Probably a bit too late for such a summery dress but I wore it last weekend and it was rather nice. 

One slightly odd thing I've been thinking this week is about taking a course in fashion. I did do fashion briefly as part of a BTEC course in art I did back in college over 20 years ago and I approached it rather gingerly and I do wonder whether I was repressing something back then. Maybe if I had taken more of an interest it may have helped me but I think I was just too young at the time. The main part I did though was to write a brief history of fashion and I really enjoyed researching it and looking into it all. I'm only thinking about doing a brief online course though, perhaps leaning more towards a history of fashion rather than the design part. Designing would be an interesting thing though but I doubt I would be that good at it or even know what I'm trying to do. Maybe it's just this little fantasy I have of wanting to be a fashionista type girl or to have that kind of persona. Anyway, that's just something that's cropped up this week. 

To round off, it's been quite hard to escape the ongoing US election this week and while I haven't really got any US election themed captions, I did do a UK one back in 2015 and it's always been one of my favourites perhaps because it involves a 'he'll become what he hates' scenario. 

This was created for the April 2015 caption contest on Rachel's Haven with the theme of The Backfire. 

Tory Girl (2015)


1 comment:

  1. amazing caption, she better be careful or have to stay in the role.

    ReplyDelete