Tuesday 5 May 2020

Terri Is Sick #6

Often when a virus crops up in popular culture it's the reason for the dead rising in a zombie movie and looking back over the years I've done a suprising amount of captions set during a zombie apocalypse. You don't think it would be such an interesting setting for aTG caption but if the dead rise, who knows what else might change as well.

The below caption isn't strictly set during a zombie apocalypse (I never seem to outrightly state it) but there's no denying I was inspired by George Romero's 1978 classic Dawn of the Dead in that the protagonist takes shelter in a large, empty shopping centre. This was quite a fantasy of mine when I was younger; being left to my own devices in a shopping centre, everything in one spot plus a bunch of clothes shops and no-one around to judge. I also love the idea of trying on different personas like outfits;being a different person every day.

I see I have posted this on here before but it was a number of years ago plus it hits the virus theme so I hope you don't mind. 

This caption was originally posted as an entry for the December 2012 caption contest on Rachel's Haven which had the theme of The End of the World.

The Last Mallrat (2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment