Thursday 16 April 2020

Check-Up #3

As various lockdowns continue across the world (ours in the UK has just been extended for another 3 weeks) the world of fashion has been discussing the issue of how you dress while working from home. Sweatpants and a comfy jumper everyday or dressing to the nines just because it makes you feel good. Apparently the only clothing people are buying these days is tops specifically for meetings on video conferencing apps. 

Blogging about what you wear while working from home and how it has affected your style has become the latest topic of the day however it's one I have covered before and as I have said it's a great opportunity for the crossdresser to experiment more and even wear 'to work' what we've always wanted to. Lockdown hasn't really changed my style at all as I gave up sweatpants a few years ago apart from the occasions when I've been quite ill and want to wear something other than pyjamas. Personally I do like to get up and change clothes as it helps me get up rather than stay in pyjamas all day plus even if you're staying at home to work I feel I would at least dress smart enough to make me feel good rather than dressing as if I've just dragged myself out of bed. I'm still dressing for work and still rather enjoying it although I fear I may be running out of outfits soon. Work wear has always been an interesting one for me and I've often been tempted to buy things but stopped myself because they are too work-y and I would never wear them. Perhaps when this is over I might treat myself a little more as I expect I'll still find myself doing a few days working from home. 

So what about after lockdown? Well it could go two ways- either comfy and more casual clothes will take over as people don't want to give up their comfort to travel in to work again or the opposite and they will relish the opportunity to dress up and strut down the streets once more. Back in an earlier time (well, January) I remember reading about the Roaring Twenties in which the Bright Young Things used the post-war world to dress up and have fun. Wearing make-up was also fashionable too. We may be about to enter another recession or another great depression once we come out of this but I think there will be a lot of celebration too as we suddenly start appreciating the smaller things in life like just being able to go out go to the pub or cinema or have the opportunity to browse a clothes store. I certainly miss my weekends looking around various second hand stores for clothes.

I'm still ok where I am and at least I feel a little more settled now after the constant changes to daily life in the last month or so. I'll leave you with another little story I found about men now choosing to wear the jerseys of female sports stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment