Thursday 29 January 2015

Gender Neutral Clothing

I read on MSN today that Selfridges (and yes, I believe that they do in fact sell fridges. Sorry, a running joke of my dad's) are to start stocking gender neutral clothes. No mens and womens departments, just one big clothing area thing.

Here's a link to the story: Selfridges to Stock Gender Neutral Clothing.

Part of this worries me a bit, like it's one step away from everyone wearing the same styles, bland jumpers and trousers and no individuality. On the other hand, it's a step in the right direction although I doubt that it would make buying a dress or skirt a bit easier. The embarrassment wouldn't get any easier and you would probably still get stares as a man trying one on but that may just be my own paranoia. This is a step forward and hopefully it will make future generations less self conscious.

On the flip side, there is something quite attractive about a woman in a suit and tie...

No comments:

Post a Comment