Friday 30 January 2015

Dress Size

Ok, so as I mentioned last week I was considering buying a dress and perhaps a few more things online and I...have not done that yet admittedly but I have been checking out how to measure my dress size (or as near to as I can get I guess) so I thought I would share a couple of websites that helped me. That is after all what I wanted to primarily do with this blog; help other people in a similar situation and provide something I would have liked to stumble over growing up to make me make sense of the odd feelings I was experiencing and feel like I wasn't the only one. To be honest it was more of an inkling than a full on feeling in the beginning. I never thought seriously about something being there until later.

Anyway, websites:

1. What size am I?

2. ASOS.com guide to dress sizes

These should at least work in the UK. Outside that I'm not sure but at least it's handy to know where to measure:

1. The fullest part of the bust

2. The natural waistline

3. 20cm down from the natural waistline (hips)

Exactly how good this is for us chaps remains to be seen. I appear to be a size 18 so hopefully a bit of shopping with that in mind will help. Always nice to have a guide though rather than randomly searching through clothes racks for something that may fit.

Here's also a link to the dress I was thinking of getting on Amazon:

Ladies Belted Pleated Sleeveless Skater Dress

Hope this info helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment