Friday 11 September 2020

My Week #9

 I had hoped to complete (or even start) the third and final part of The Beach this week but unfortunately I haven't really had the time plus some technology issues. I was due to have a new laptop this week but looks like it was delivered to the wrong address or someone just plain stole it so that's a depressing thought. Not that I'm oblivious to the fact that people can be shits but I had a little more faith in humanity than that. Mistakes I can handle.

Anyway, in lieu of that I thought I would add a couple of things I saw this week. First up was the film Predestination which is a 2014 sci-fi movie starring Ethan Hawke and Sarah Snook that centres around time travel. I don't want to say an awful lot about it as it's best going in cold but if generally you like time travel movies then give this a go. It's still on Amazon Prime here in the UK. The film deals with transgender themes alongside those of identity although they aren't the main focus. The design aspect is brilliant too with some great 1960s style dresses for the Space Force sequences and a cool take on a time machine.

The other one is a music video. I'm surprised I've never done a series on music videos as there are more that deal with TG, crossdressing and body swapping than you would think. The below is the 2011 song TYP D.I.S.C.O by Israeli electro pop group The Young Professionals which also stars Israeli drag artist and gay icon Uriel Yekutiel.


Looking up the details for this post I'm surprised that this is nine years old. I know that musically I don't have my finger on the pulse much anymore but this is ridiculous. Anyway this is an excellent video with a cool 80s vibe to it and I'm thrilled that a male performer is wearing the same outfits as the female dancers. He's very Freddie Mercury too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment