Friday 25 September 2020

Hair

 Despite my tech problems over the last few weeks at last I seem to have a new laptop so I'm still getting used to that which usually involves downloading all the stuff you had on the last one and yet it also seems somewhat needier as I'm getting a lot more pop-ups now...but you all probably don't want to hear about stuff like this. 

Something bigger though is that my living situation may be about to change as my housemate is moving out soon although before all that he recently gifted me a wig that his girlfriend bought for reasons as yet unknown. Now, as I have said before, I've never really been one much for wigs as I've often found them a bit hot and cumbersome when I've worn them for cosplay. This one however, which is black with blonde highlights, is really comfortable and fits really nice. I think my cosplay wigs are often the cheapest I can buy too but this is quite well made. I've been trying it on more and more and seeing how it looks but it still looks rather odd with my face there and I can see it kind of sticking out. 

I've been thinking a bit more about cosplay recently and I do follow quite a lot of other cosplayers on social media and right now I'm feeling a rather inadequate. I think with the kind of cosplay I do I feel I need to do the wigs and make-up part and it's something I've never really mastered or, to be honest, attempted much of. I think that's also why I've never tried to get some more proper pictures taken because I don't feel good enough. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon though as there are still some costumes I would love to wear but, thinking about it for a bit, I wonder if, although I started out with cosplay, I haven't moved on a bit and that my new cosplay has become the everyday. Putting together outfits for work (from home of course) or going out (when such things still happened) has become my main goal and what I want to do with my fashion for the moment. It's easier when it's all laid out for you of course but there's a lot of fun in the discovery and playing about with different clothes and looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment