Thursday 20 August 2020

Ten Years of Terri

This week I celebrated my tenth anniversary on Rachel's Haven so I wrote the below post to sum up my feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well everybody, today marks a whole decade since I joined the Haven and it's been such an amazing experience. Transformative in many ways.

I can't remember what drew me to the Haven initially but I do remember Leila Stoat posted some of her caps (with her own illustrations) on DeviantArt and it set me thinking. I was looking for a place to explore my kinks for CD, personality change and gender transformation and at the time I just used to do it in chat rooms. I had a few long, dark nights of the soul and did some things I'm not proud of but today I look back at it as something which set me on the path to where I am now. Initially I remember trying a sissy school forum but it never felt like a good fit. I heard a lot of good things about this site plus I had started reading some blogs that mentioned the site as well.

Initially I didn't know if I was going to post caps or not but I was interested in reading them. Not quite sure what happened but I guess inspiration struck and I decided to give it a shot. The first one I did was for the August 2010 caption contest and I think the first personal one I did was for Totalditz whose blog I was already avidly following. I guess it took off from there as I started doing it more and more.

It's been wonderful to write captions over all these years. Kinks are very personal things so when someone tells me that I hit all their buttons and maybe found a few new ones then I feel very proud of myself. Over the years I've also found out more about myself and moved into some areas I didn't think would excite me but I found a way to do it. Although a cap you do for someone obviously has to hit their buttons if it works for you as well then it gives you the impetus to make it better. Like telling a joke, you're the first one that should find it funny because if you don't then no-one else probably will. Even though I may berate myself for not doing more fiction writing over the years I remember my caps and feel that I've done a good job, essentially writing micro-stories and putting them out there. Lately I seem to favour dialogue-only caps but I really enjoy working in that medium especially when I'm writing an Ember Montoya cap. I could just write her dialogue for days as she's such a fun character. I hope I have made some people happy over the years and although I haven't done a lot over the last year or so I'm hoping to rectify that soon. I'm also pleased to have entered practically every monthly caption contest on here.

I'm so pleased to have made so many friends and capping partners over the years like Dementia, Totalditz, Licy, Jinny, Steffie, Evie, Crow, Jay, Chelsea and countless others and thanks also to Rachel for setting up this whole place.  I feel that this forum has also helped me to develop in real life and has give me more confidence to try crossdressing and live out some of my fantasies, broadly speaking, and although I've seen people move away once they have translated their feelings into real life, whether it's dressing or transitioning or just moving on with their lives, I don't think I've lost the want to make captions or the stories that come to me at the oddest of times in the strangest situations.

Thanks for a great decade, Haven 

No comments:

Post a Comment