Wednesday 11 March 2015

Dreams

A few weeks ago I had a dream.

Now, I'm always interested in what they might mean because it's usually a sign of what's currently bothering you or otherwise on your mind. Dreams can be hard to interpret too. You could dream yourself going into a shop and buying a pasty and it could turn out to mean you wish to travel more.

In this dream I was wearing pair of pink shorts, a little velvety I think but with a very bejeweled button at the top so I was in no doubt they were for women.

I've looked into some interpretations of this and it appears that for a man to cross-dress in a dream means he is worried about his feminine side or he wishes to acknowledge it more; a caring and more sensitive side of himself however it may also reflect fears of subordination. For a woman it mean much the same thing but with their masculine side; worries over being too aggressive or wanting to be more assertive.

I wonder whether with me it is a little more literal. Maybe I seek to let out my feminine side a bit more these days, purchase more clothes and dress up a bit more. Maybe I also feel more submissive, more under the cosh these days. I have dreamt of cross-dressing before but never that much over the years. I suppose I hope in some weird way that it could be a vindication of my feelings and that my mind is confirming that, yes this is really what I want to do, what I yearn for.

Still, I can dream...

2 comments:

  1. You can. And I can relate.

    I get this sort of dream from time to time myself - everything from being cross-dressing and it being nothing at all to do with anything else in the dream (and being unremarkable within the dream) to being a woman in the dream or having a change mid-way through the dream. Sometimes that becomes the point and sometimes not. No rhyme or reason.

    And sometimes, yes, it's just exactly as the dream appears.

    Do you get the ones with breaking teeth at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not breaking teeth. I get falling a lot.

    ReplyDelete