Sunday, 30 August 2026

Check-Up #44

I haven't been up to a lot recently. Life just kind of grinds on and I still haven't been able to get away on holiday but hopefully I will within the next couple of weeks. I've bought a few things recently: a nice black sweater dress that will definitely need a splash of colour to it somewhere, a red sweater top, a houndstooth dress from Hell Bunny and a Captain America themed purse. However with each purchase now comes the worry that I'm buying too much and that I have nowhere to store it and that's without the worries over my weight. Dressing is still one of the only joys I get out of life now. The other day at work I was given an award for long service and I didn't feel anything. I just felt sort of numb. Not that it's been the greatest time at work. 

So anyway onto a few other things and recently I've been using an AI clothes changer to try on different outfits. The one I'm using is here https://bitstudio.ai/ai-clothes-changer but there are plenty of others out there. It reminds me a little of Cher's 'Dress Me' computer program in Clueless and feels like a continuation of what I started over 30 years ago by drawing myself in different outfits and later on using Photoshop. You simply upload a photograph of yourself in one section and one of the outfit you want in the other. This can be grabbed from anywhere by it a clothes website, photograph or a still from a film or TV show. The site I'm using at the moment gives you 5 free images per day or you can sign up and pay for more. 

Onto a couple of media things and recently I saw the film Teenage Sex and Death at Camp Miasma which was an interesting one. The writer/ director is Jane Schoenbrun who previously did We're All Going To The World's Fair and I Saw the TV Glow so if you like queer horror that riffs on the Friday the 13th movies then give it a watch. One of the film's themes is repression and there's a scene in it that made me think of TF captions and stories when our heroine Kris describes wanting to be in the film and going from being the nerdy girl to the 'slut' running away from the killer through the woods in a crop top and pants. I've also been watching sitcom Silicon Valley for the first time and I love the style of Monica Hall, very much the sort of business casual I would love to wear for work. I'm also watching The Big Bang Theory spin-off Stuart Fails to Save the Universe and Denise's nerdy style is also fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment