Thursday 30 September 2021

Check-Up #15

 It's been an up and down month for me. 

Recently I was able to have a holiday for a week which was quite nice and the weather stayed well. I even bought a new necklace. I've not really bought any new clothes recently apart from some cosplay which I'm only half hoping to do at some point (if I can get one more bit). In fact I veer between all the stuff I want to do and just throwing in the towel. I never wanted to just buy stuff, wear it once and never wear it again. I know there are some outfits I'm tempted by but are a bit too revealing for me to wear to a convention. 

In October I'll no longer be working from home which I'm a little sad about because I've enjoyed dressing up for it and sharing my photos online. Positive comments mean a lot but every so often, this week for example, I'm made aware of how much harder it is for acceptance in the wider world. I often come back to the idea of asking if I can wear dresses and skirts and to be honest I'm probably in the best position I could be having celebrated a big work anniversary but I don't know if I should do and if I even want to anymore. I'm not sure when I'll have the opportunity anymore as I rarely feel like it when I get in from work and at the weekend I often have to go out and even just for a short walk makes me a bit nervous. In fact I've become a little obsessed with the few moments I go out for a walk and how I look when I do. 

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, sorry to hear that you fun will have to end soon i regards to working from home. Maybe it will push you to wear dresses and such out and about from time to time. And of course, you can always post pictures here when you get dolled up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee. I used to but I've not had the opportunity for a while due to the obvious but I look forward to doing it again. I have thought about posting picture here and normally I'm not so shy but I do wonder if doing so would break the illusion created for sites like this and the Haven

    ReplyDelete