Thursday 11 June 2020

Check-Up #8

One thing I notice as time goes on is that I'm getting a little more hesitant to go out in public dressed especially compared to the beginning of the year when I was prepared to do the weekly shop like it. I think it just may be the times we live in and when things bounce back a little more towards normal I may feel better about it. I still tend to hide myself a little mostly by wearing big coats but it's harder to hide when you can't nip in and out of shops anymore and have to remain in a long queue to get in. Of course I know that this isn't the real issue here but I thought I would talk about it.

If I do go out dressed it's often to a local park. I do get the odd stare but mostly things are ok. I do remember one couple looking at me very oddly while I was walking around in my new dress one hot day the other week. I'm still dressing for work which does seem to cheer me up on days I don't really feel like it. There is a lot of joy still to be found in putting together outfits and they seem to be very well received so at least I feel I'm doing something right. I did get a new cosplay outfit this week but it may need some adjustments before I can wear it out fully. It's ironic that I've managed to put together a few new cosplays to do this year but of course everything has been called off. Hopefully next year may be better for it.

I've also been watching a lot of Third Doctor era Doctor Who recently and the Doctor's companion Jo Grant had some wonderful outfits and I would love to cosplay as her at some point especially her outfit from The Three Doctors story.
Finally, vampire comedy What We Do In The Shadows started its second series on UK TV tonight and I love Nadja's big, black, lacy gothic dresses. I would still love to go full goth girl at some point just to try it if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment