Sunday 3 March 2019

The Week in Crossdressing #2

Well, there's been a couple of interesting stories this week.

Firstly, there was the annual Oscars ceremony this week which is always notable for the fashions the stars wear on the red carpet and this year actor Billy Porter decided to wear a gown coupled with a tuxedo jacket over the top which was designed by Christian Siriano. There's a wonderful interview with Billy here from the Vogue website which is where the below picture was taken from.

https://www.vogue.com/article/billy-porter-oscars-red-carpet-gown-christian-siriano

Photo Credit: Getty Images
I just love the fact that this has happened and at one one of the biggest awards ceremonies in the world. Visibility is so important these days and the more men are seen ripping up the fashion rulebook and embracing more feminine styles the more acceptable it will become. Women fought for the right to wear trousers and sadly not many men are prepared to do the same for skirts and dresses. It's why I'm proud to be more visible these days and if I can influence anyone or just nudge things forward at all in my short time here then I will be proud. Of course a man like Billy will probably do more than I ever could and hopefully he will inspire the young as I know this picture would have done to me in my youth but even today with how comfortable I am it's still nice to see. Meanwhile I was at least able to go to the cinema dressed last week which is another big step for me.

Secondly, and less so in the CD stakes, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have announced that they want to raise their forthcoming baby as gender fluid. The news was swiftly denied but I guess it remains to be seen what will happen and how this idea may present itself. Perhaps by trying to get rid of the usual blues and pinks. I doubt we will go as far as seeing a royal Prince in a dress but you never know.

That's all the news that's fit to print, I'm Lois Lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment