Saturday 21 July 2018

Changing Rooms

Today was not one of my betters ones. 

So anyway I mentioned in my last post about a few skirts I had my eye on and today I went into the shop to try them on. Trying things on in a shop is one of the more stressful things I find about my little adventures in crossdressing. Luckily most around my way have a single unisex room (even though in most I have to approach an assistant and mumble my way through asking for a key while trying to conceal my possible purchase. Those are mostly second hand shops though but this time it's a chain store with both a male and female department. 

I picked out my stuff, three miniskirts a black leather look one, a pink leather look one and a light brown one. There was a yellow tartan one which I have been coveting since I saw it because it looks very Cher from Clueless but unfortunately it wasn't there. Not wanting to take my chances with the women's changing room I slunk upstairs to the men's, grabbed a t-shirt to cover the skirts, and tried on the skirts. All too small for me. I picked out my usual size but it seems that means a touch smaller in this store. Oh well, that's sometimes the way it goes. I searched in vain for the right size but it wasn't there so I left. I was quite stressed at this point due to the usual fears and paranoia. 

However, after a cup of tea and a look round some other stores I decided to return. Managed to find my size in the black mini and I finally found the yellow tartan skirt! This time I got a little bolder and went to the women's changing room and was promptly asked to go to the men's upstairs because it was the women's department. Of course I could have explained that although I was a man I was intending to purchase articles from the Womenswear department but I couldn't be bothered to offload all this on the poor shop assistant and cause a scene. So I slunk back up to Menswear (which must always be said in a John Inman type deep voice. I'm imagining it now), grabbed another t-shirt and tried to avoid eye-contact with the guy I met before.  

Well, this time they seemed to fit except that the yellow tartan one had a fairly dodgy zip on it which I managed to get stuck! Yes, sometimes TG captions do come true. It was a fairly hot day anyway and I was getting more stressed with this thing plus I think there was a bit of a gap in the curtain in the changing area too so sweat was pouring down my face. Even though I've done this so many times I'm still aware of what the world at large thinks of it. My own fears, stresses and paranoia get the better of me and it makes me so angry and that causes me to crash and get depressed. So anyway I was able to wriggle out of it and get out of the changing room. Swapping the skirt for a better one and paying for it was a breeze compared to that and I was relieved to get out of there. 

Except that when I got back home I found that I had inadvertently bought a smaller size in the yellow tartan skirt. The hanger lied to me. So anyway, I'll probably head up there early tomorrow to change it and hopefully I might even enjoy my purchases. 

Oh and the girl in the bakery said she liked my nail polish. Which was nice. In case you're wondering, this weekend it's a sparkly red. Try to imagine Dorothy's ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz in liquid form and you have it. So anyway, swings and roundabouts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment