Saturday 31 January 2015

Trekkie Girl #3

Hello there, yes it's another new post from me tonight. I was going to include this as part of the last one but I wanted to write two separate parts rather than gel them together in a 'My Week' sort of a thing plus this is linked to something I was writing about last week which has gained a bit of momentum.

I am still thinking about it at this stage but I saw a female friend of mine at the weekend (not the one I mentioned in the first post, I may add) and thought I would mention my Star Trek dress idea to her, knowing that she normally likes it when I do this sort of thing. I have gained a certain reputation over the years going back to an incident I haven't spoken about on here yet. No-one has ever asked me outright about this which is nice but it can go two ways in that I do feel a bit put out if people just assume that I (a) will be dressing up when we have a party or are around cosplay and (b) that I will be crossdressing. I don't know, something about the assumption and my slight rebellious streak that doesn't like people thinking they've got me figured out. Sometimes it does work for the better though as some of the girls have been supportive. Of course there are the usual jokes which do get my dander up a bit but then I'm not even the biggest crossdresser in our group.

So anyway on with the story and she, as a big Trek fan, has offered to lend me her blue dress and possibly a bag to match!  I do remember this dress from a con a few years ago too. This has made me a little excited and I guess it adds a little something to it that it's someone else's clothing too. A bit like a TG caption story in the making. I have tights although a new pair may be required so all I need now is those black boots.

Might even have to make an effort to watch the show now...

No comments:

Post a Comment