Sunday 18 January 2015

Noticeable Styles

Just a quick one tonight (or this morning now I guess since it's coming up to 1.30am here).

A little in relation to what I was talking about yesterday there was a girl I saw on the train today. She had long blonde hair and was wearing a black cap, black top and black leggings with gold chains around the neck and pockets and some blinging trainers. I've never seen an outfit like it before and I'm not sure of the right word to use but I loved it. It was something that I would never personally wear (not all the same colour) but yet I wanted to so much; I couldn't look away. It would have been such fun to swap clothes with her there and then, it's another common fantasy for me. I also find it fascinating why people wear the things they do and when. How what's stylish and the right way to dress for one person is opposite for another. Wearing a tracksuit may be a common look for one person but another would abhor it and you could say the same about long, fancy, elegant dress.

Another style I was thinking about recently was the 1940s. I've been watching some episodes of Agent Carter. Love Hayley Atwell in her blue suit. Long pencil skirt, tights and heels, just so smart and stylish. I'm liking the show so far with a highlight being the banter between Jarvis and Peggy. There's a lovely shot of Peggy walking to work in the opening episode in her blue suit and red hat, standing out amongst a sea of men dressed in dark suits.

Hmm maybe a future cosplay, who knows.

Agent Peggy Carter surveys the office

Photograph: www.thestar.com

1 comment:

  1. Watch out for the surge of Forties-Fifties fashion. There's nothing like a woman who knows she looks good Peggy is one of them.

    ReplyDelete