Wednesday 14 January 2015

Chances

I sat next to a woman on the train today. Well, she sat next to me, truth be told. Lovely red hair, nails and a wonderful pair of leggings. Usually I dread sitting next to a pretty woman as I will feel inadequate but for once I felt happy, invigorated. She actually smiled as well, most people on the train at the end of the day have a face like thunder. I should have taken the time to talk to her, I should have at least said something. I can never find the words no matter how bland they may be and I've missed my chance now.

I worry about that a lot, missing chances. One day I'll be old and looking back on my life with no power to change it. Back in the days before iplayer and DVDs when watching something on TV at the time was the only time you were likely to see it I worried that I would forgo a social occasion for the television and end up catching a repeat years later. I would have missed that chance just for the TV.

Ever since the break-up I've dreaded being in that situation again and the slowly dawning fact that I should probably try to start dating again, not that I ever did an awful lot anyway.

Sorry if I've sounded a little maudlin tonight, I don't mean to be. Actually the experience cheered me up a bit, it's been a stressful week so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment