Saturday 30 June 2012

My Week #2

I did mean to post a few things this week that I never got around to so here is one big jumble full of stuff. 

First off we have Love Shaft. Now, this is a trashy dating show featuring not so bright young things which is much beloved and laughed at by myself and my housemate which goes out every Monday on E4. Basically, the contestant is in a lift and he/she faces a suitor on every floor which they then do an activity with before deciding whether to stay with or dump them for the one on the next floor.There were a couple of things I noticed this week, firstly the girl on there just did not like men with scoop necked t-shirts.


This seems to be a growing trend and it's one I think looks very feminine in a way. The male version of showing a bit of (waxed probably) chest. Now, I wouldn't think of wearing something like that because it's a bit poser-ish but it's just a thought that occurred to me. The second thing I noticed about the show was a segment where they had 3 guys kiss the blindfolded girl: the current lift guy, a dwarf and a transvestite. Who was wearing the same wig I wore when I dressed as Amy Pond *sigh*. 

On Wednesday, I saw a girl swimming in the park in a very cute outfit. Pink mini-skirt and a 'Guns and Roses' T-shirt tied to her waist. She looked really nice. The same day I was watching an episode of Community and the always lovely Alison Brie was wearing a cute grey mini-skirt that I really loved. 

There is another Doctor Who convention coming up and I wasn't going to go due to the dates clashing with something else and it being a wee bit expensive...and then they announce David Tennant and Billie Piper. This needs more serious consideration.

Well, I think that's about it for this week. There was a girl, someone I knew in college years ago, that I was kind of thinking of asking out bit I found out she's in a relationship. Oddly enough it doesn't affect me that much but at least I know. I may start trying a few dating websites. 


2 comments:

  1. Are you *sure* that you're not me in another dimension?

    With regards dating websites I can recommend the one on which I met my wife: match.com, it's pretty darn user friendly and the free offer, which I was unable to take advantage of by dint of meeting my wife.

    Also the spotting outfits, I still do that - people must think I'm checking women out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can't be totally sure...time is in constant flux you know.

    I have a couple I might try but Match has always been a popular one. A friend recommended OkCupid.

    Ah, the eternal dilemma of the straight crossdresser. Am I attracted to the woman or just her outfit?

    ReplyDelete