Wednesday 24 December 2014

Womens Department

Hello all, a little late again tonight. One more day and I'm off work for Christmas which will be a relief because I've been rushing around trying to get things done. Everyone seems to be off Christmas Eve, still at least the trains will be relatively clear and the office will be virtually deserted.

Anyway, I've been thinking about The Apprentice again and one of the guys, Daniel, looking extremely uncomfortable amongst all the tights in a shop. Not manly enough I suppose. I know that feeling but I'm not sure why it happens. It happened to me in a shop today. Surely if this is my 'thing' then I would be more pleased and relaxed. Maybe it was my mother teasing me so many years ago or maybe I'm just scared that someone will see me looking too closely and give me an odd look.

It happens all the time when I'm in shops. I never like to linger around the more feminine clothing, I'll take a look of course but only very briefly. No-one's ever made a comment though even the couple of time I've bought a skirt and some tights. I expect the assistants just thought I was buying something for a partner. Again, it comes down to confidence even if it's just to look through the clothes never mind actually picking something out and trying it on or buying it. I saw a lovely dress in a shop recently and my mind races. What would my size be? Should I buy it? Will I have the confidence to buy it? When would I wear it and if I don't is there any point? Is it just better ordering by internet and keeping things to myself.

Still it would be nice to own some more clothing, A little New Year inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment