Tuesday 30 December 2014

New Year Approaching

As we get closer to 2015, my thoughts turn to the New Year and its inevitable resolutions.

One of them is indulging in some more feminine clothing. I've been feeling really invigorated recently especially writing this blog every day. I've set myself the challenge of putting something in for every day for a month and so far it's going good. I know it may seem on and off by the posting dates but I have been sticking to it and sometimes I end up pressing the 'publish' button the wrong side of midnight. I do forsee this failing on a couple of upcoming dates though and if it interrupts with my sleep too much once I go back to work I may have to miss it for the day. My bed time does keep creeping up though and it really shouldn't.

Anyway, when I've been thinking about this I wonder when I'm going to find the time to wear the clothes or where to store them. The idea does give that frisson of excitement though especially on the days when I'm alone in the house. Imagine wearing a nice dress or skirt for a few hours. Not the most advisable thing in this cold weather though. I've thought of maybe just walking down the street like it. Long coat, skirt and tights or maybe leggings. I see a lot of cyclists in leggings in London. I'm sure I would get a few double takes but nothing much else. My area is not the most liberal though, I would have said, so it's still something I would approach with caution.

While I was out shopping today I did think of buying something. Nearly did it too. I approached the racks but still the idea of being 'seen' looking through them still scares me a bit so ultimately I came away with nothing. I was so determined today too. Still there's always online and I know there's at least one convention coming up next year I'll be going to so hopefully I'll be able to do something for that.

It's another step I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment