Tuesday 30 December 2014

Scarlet Witch

I've never been a big comics guy especially not the big two: Marvel and DC.

Well, perhaps more Marvel since I used to read Transformers comics when I was younger. Most of the stuff I read was TV tie-ins or The Beano. In recent years though I have become a big follower of the Marvel cinematic universe. Such a great series of movies, fun and action packed. The Avengers was one of the best and most enjoyable movies of recent times and this year Guardians of the Galaxy proved to have the same mix of action and humour. It's been my favourite film of the last year.

While DC may be floundering a bit when it comes to getting their films up and going, they are killing it when it comes to television. I've been enjoying Gotham, Arrow and Constantine recently and hope to catch The Flash at some point.

Anyway, all this waffle just provides a bit of a back drop. I'm really looking forward to Avengers 2: Age of Ultron next year and I've seen a few on-set photographs. A friend of mine was even able to take some footage of them filming over here.

I've been loving the shots of Elizabeth Olsen in her costume as the Scarlet Witch. She has a great grungy, gothy look especially the red jacket. I remember wanting a red jacket back in the late 1990s. Bulls blood leather jackets were in fashion for a while and I think it was down to Victoria Beckham. I think I wanted a longer one though in either red or green.

This is definitely another cosplay idea I would consider.

Elizabeth Olsen on set as the Scarlet Witch
Photograph: MTV.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment