Thursday 26 May 2022

The Capping Years: 2012

When I was thinking about what captions I wanted to put up for this, Taking Her Place was one at the top of the list. This caption was created for Crow over at Rachel's Haven and is still one of my favourites. 

It features another in the line of alien entities who seem to like messing with accepted roles and DNA. I only did a couple with The Persuader in the end perhaps because it took too much thought to think up the phrases I would need to use but it might be nice to go back to it at some point. Switching clothes and personalities is always a fun topic for me and although this doesn't feature a clothes swap it gets quite close to it. I'm also pleased with the final line which indicates that balance will be restored and she will take his place. 

I'm still playing around with my style here as can be seen by the bold colours of the text box and background and I'm still using a thinner font than I eventually ended up staying with. I think it fits the character too. This was one of the longest stories I had done at the time at least in one picture.

EDIT: I was thinking about this again and one thing that did niggle me was the amount of time Amy was ill as opposed to the amount of time it took for Charlie to change however in these days of COVID and self isolation it doesn't seem that outlandish any more. 



Taking Her Place (2012)

2 comments:

  1. Terri's doing a retrospecticus of captions!

    Are you posting one per year based on the caption being your favorite, or that it just stands out to you in a certain way that makes you happy?

    I am not sure that I could chose any ONE caption per year. When I used to do a yearly recap, I had trouble picking out 5-10 without leaving some out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's more one that stands out to me as I doubt I could pick an absolute favourite although there are a few I have in mind

      Delete