Saturday 7 May 2022

The Capping Years: 2010

 Something I wanted to do back in 2020 was to take a cap from each of the 10 years I've been capping and present it here so I guess two years late is better than never. Coincidentally this month I celebrate 10 years of writing this blog so there's a thing. 

The first caption I wanted to put up is my entry for the Rachel's Haven September 2010 caption contest which had the theme of Lessons. The title refers to the innovative1955 film Blackboard Jungle which was the first to use a rock and roll soundtrack and featured a breakout role for the late Sidney Poitier. Not that I refer to any of that in the text though, it was just a suitable title for a school caption. 

The thing I noticed about looking back on some of my 2010 caps is how experimental they are. I'm putting the text in bubbles or in the back of the picture, using different fonts and even editing the photos. In fact in this I seem to have put some panties on the girl perhaps so it would match the text. I settled down to a much clearer uniform style in a couple of years but part of me is a little sad I don't seem to have that same drive anymore however part of a cap is being able to read the damn thing clearly and you couldn't always do that with these early ones of mine. The writing style itself I'm quite pleased with too - telling the whole thing through the lines that the naughty protagonist is being made to write as a punishment. It may be a bit rough around the edges but I still like this one. 

As the chalk font I used can be a little hard to read, the full text on the blackboard is: 

I must behave myself

I must not pull down Kelly's skirt and expose her panties to the class and laugh.

I must not wear strange jewellery given to me by Rachel.

I must answer to the name 'Staci'.

I must wear a short skirt to school.

I must flash my panties to everyone during school assembly. 

I must flash my panties and giggle at any cute guy I see today.

I have learnt my lesson. 



Blackboard Jungle (2010)



No comments:

Post a Comment