Sunday 15 July 2012

My Week #4

Hey everyone.

Yup, not many updates this week. I really do mean to start posting properly at some point about areas of my life past and present.

This week I've largely been feeling like shit. I've had a cold all week that still hasn't cleared up not to mention various parts of my body aching. I had a day off work and went back after that which perhaps I shouldn't have done but then I would have just been hanging around the house thinking that I could have gone in to works after all. Erm ok so dresses and skirts then...dresses and skirts...oh ok here's something I've noticed recently, the rise in girls wearing patterned wellies.


This is just a brilliant idea, how come no-one has thought of this sooner. This is Britain for God's sake, it rains here constantly so how come stylish wellies haven't come about before? I'm surprised we don't have umbrellas with more pictures on like avatars. It's all you see of people sometimes.

Speaking of going out, this time last week I was at the London Film and Comic Con which was so much fun as it always is. I met Freema Agyeman, who played Martha Jones in Doctor Who and John Simm. John, of course, played the Master and Sam Tyler in Life on Mars which is one of my favourite genre series amongst many other roles. Human Traffic is still a great film about 1990s club culture.  I always thought he was the type of actor who didn't do these kind of shows so I was surprised to see him there and he was the person I mainly went to meet even though I do this show every year. I've always wanted to meet him.  

4 comments:

  1. Patterend wellies are definitely for the win in my opinion. They've been around for ages round my way but I concur that when I saw them making their rounds I was very much of the "why was this not done sooner?" persuasion!

    As for umbrellas, I've noticed a trend with females round my way of having ruffled edges to them, like mock lace or something. I think it looks pretty darn cool. There's definitely more personalisation of these than I recall, though as usual the variety is feminine. Most blokes either eschew the umbrella or have a plain one.

    Aaaand you've met John Simm. Much jealousy. Loved "Life on Mars" and am planning to get "Ashes to Ashes" - know Simm isn't in there but still. Yes. I am still jealous. You lucky person you!

    I still hadn't quite forgiven you for rocking the Amy look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've never had anyone jealous of me, heehee. I trued on my Amy skirt and tights again last night, it felt so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *smiles* If you're going to be doing that often, you'd best get used it to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still not convinced I completely rocked it but I'll have to see what the future holds.

    ReplyDelete