Saturday 11 April 2015

Getting

Well the knickers I ordered arrived a few days ago and they fit very well. They're pink cotton with some embroidery and frill on the side. Never worn knickers before but they feel really nice. 

Now, I ordered from a well know online retailer so the packages may not be quite as, um, discreet as you may expect. Luckily I've been ok so far but the latest one was too big for the letterbox and I had to pick it up from the post office...and there was a label emblazoned across the front with exactly what was in it. The guy in the post office never said anything though thankfully and I suppose the situation could have been worse if the parcel had been delivered here and I hadn't got to it first. I've still got a skirt to come too so I wonder what will happen there. 

I was really excited about the dress though. The only time I've worn one before was for a school play about 20 years ago and now I'm buying one of my own. Unfortunately I feel a bit bummed out now. The colour wasn't what I expected, it was a purple instead of a wine red-type colour but that's no big deal. Sadly it was also a bit tight so I will probably need the next size up. Not sure whether or not to send it back, keep it in case I slim down or just order another. I never like returning stuff especially something like this.

Hopefully the skirt will be a bit better. 

For a little while though it was nice to be almost fully 'dressed'.

2 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh! I've been there.

    Return it and get the right size/colour wherever possible, after all, you've done this much. And yes, I find that Post Office employees tend to assume the best. The amount of times I've picked up or posted stuff for Tilly means I've lost count. Buying sanitary products for her and so forth has become second nature. As a consequence I could probably order stuff easily enough...

    No, sorry, getting off topic - most people will assume you have a reason for buying these products. I've found a knowing grimace works well too if you want to keep secrets, people will smile sympathetically in return and then you get an ego boost and new clothes all in one!

    Glad to hear things are going well,

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok cool, thanks. Perhaps I'll return it then and get the next size up. I saw a couple of complaints along this line on the website too.

    ReplyDelete