Saturday 4 April 2015

Fancy

I'm probably very behind the times regarding todays popular hit parade but I heard about the video for this song a while ago and after having a still pop up in a picture search I decided to give it a shot.

The song is Fancy by Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX and is inspired by the movie Clueless. The video is from YouTube


I've spoken before about my love for Clueless and I'm glad to see scenes recreated for this video. Regarding the song, it's not normally my thing but I found it quite catchy after a few listens and for a tune about rich party girls it's great that they chose to homage something like Clueless rather than the usual kind of rap video content. It really gels with the subject of the song and, rather than just a feel, it heavily references particular scenes from the movie.

Growing up with it it feels odd to see Clueless referenced and held up as a classic but I suppose it was girls my age that fell in love with it back in 1995 especially the look. I know that if I was a teenage girl back then, I would have been hooked by it and there is still something sexy about knee socks. Many of the outfits are recreated well and of course there's Cher's yellow plaid suit and Iggy definitely wears it well. As I've said before, this is a dream outfit of mine. If I were to achieve one thing through cross dressing it would be to wear that outfit (probably at a fancy dress party) and feel like a spoiled 90s teen princess for an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment