Saturday 23 June 2018

Think Pink

Today is National Pink Day so it's no better time to make a post I've been meaning to for a few weeks.

I'm never really going to a pink girl. Bright colours aren't really my thing and indeed since I've started dressing it's interesting to note that I've seen how much black I wear without blue jeans to break it up. However being a pink girl for a while would be fun. As a man I've never really wanted to experiment with different styles that much, grunge, goth, preppie etc but I would love to explore different styles in female clothing; dressing as a chav or a goth or a cybergoth would be really cool. As I've said earlier, I would just as much love dressing as punky chick in ripped tights and a tartan skirt as much as a smart preppy girl in pussy bow blouses, houndstooth skirts and carrying a large handbag.

So at least once I would like to be the pink girl with bright pink nails and a short pink dress maybe with some fluffy pink shoes or a bag. I would probably feel compelled to wear a blonde wig too just to complete the set. I did spot a nice pink dress in a charity shop the other week and was going to try it on just to see what it would look like on me with no intention of buying it (no really honestly. Stop laughing at the back I'm being totally serious just like those guys who want to remake The Last Jedi. I said stop laughing!). I did paint my nails bright pink a couple of weeks ago and really liked the shade and in fact today I have like a metallic pink glittery shade on which does look a bit teen airhead.

Funnily enough I saw a girl in a shop today in such a cute outfit: fluffy pink hooded jacket, hot pink strappy top, denim mini skirt with frayed hem and sandals with pink fluff on. Totally not my style but I would love to wear that outfit. So maybe a little smattering of pink may do me some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment