Thursday 15 March 2018

Cosplay: Intentional or Otherwise

I haven't done a big convention in a while...and the last few weeks have been no exception however there was a cosplay contest at a quiz I've started doing every few weeks so I brought out my Amy Pond for another spin. Getting changed inside a pub was a challenge but I have become quite a quick change over the past year due to the fact that I always seem to be changing clothes in toilets (mainly in train stations) for various occasions.

Unfortunately I didn't win which left me feeling unusually disappointed. I never expect to win these things as there is usually someone whose costume is so much better and more detailed however despite a good standard I felt I would at least place within the top three. I don't mean to sound like an egotistical prick (despite the fact I'm writing this on my own blog) so please forgive me and I was as shocked as anyone that this actually surprised me. Still, it was a good night and I have some good photos plus I had some people come up to me afterwards and say that I should have won.

Staying with Amy, last week I picked up a nice denim mini skirt perfect for more adventures as Ms Pond - now all I've got to do is pick an outfit out. I did want to do pirate Amy from The Curse of the Black Spot at one time but I think that's the wrong colour skirt.

The same day I also went to try on a  skirt I had my eye on and also a dress I thought was cute. True to form, I ended up buying the dress instead. I really love it and am looking forward to an opportunity to wear it. I did wonder if it was something Clara wore and posited it could have been like the pinafore from the Under the Lake two-parter or the dress from The Name of the Doctor. Turns out it was neither but it certainly looks like something she would wear. There may be something in it after all.

2 comments:

  1. Good day Terri! What color is the dress? Let me guess..hmm, sorry, I can't.
    I love crossdressing.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, thanks for reading. It was a dark blue dress with a black collar

    ReplyDelete