Wednesday 7 March 2018

Bum Bags

Here's a little fashion tip for you, it looks like that old Nineties staple the bum bag is going to be making a comeback.

Now in case a few of you are wondering what the hell I'm talking about they were also called Fanny Packs in the US (to the amusement of us here in Blighty) and McDonalds, for some reason, also christened them the Hip Pouch an they used to give them away with Happy Meals. I used to have one back in the day and they were quite useful but after a few years they drifted into the kind of naffness reserved for shell suits and other tat.

Now it appears that they are coming back and with a bit of a twist. Back in the day the bag fitted round the waist but it seems more people are slinging them over their shoulders and wearing them as a cross body bag. An article I saw the other week also renamed them as belt bags. Certainly it seems like a viable alternative when you have little or no pockets (especially in the summer months when you don't have a big coat) and don't need to cart around a large bag. I know from the occasions I've worn dresses out that you need something and I don't like loading up my coat with my wallet, phone etc. I can only imagine what some people cart around especially if you put make-up into the mix.

On set photos from the new series of Doctor Who have also confirmed that Jodie Whittaker will be wearing one in at least one episode.

So if you want to stay in style it seems that a trip back to the Nineties may be in order - and at least you'll know where to put your keys.

Basic black bumbag as featured on Boohoo.com





No comments:

Post a Comment