Saturday 9 January 2016

Overheard in London

I was out shopping in my lunch break yesterday afternoon and I was in one of the charity shops. Now, if I was to buy clothes from here then that really would be a feat as I would have to actually take it into work before taking it home but I digress. 

A man took a pair of trainers to the till and asked whether they were for a man or a woman. The assistant, a young man, said it didn't really matter as long as they fit and they were comfortable but also confirmed that they were for women. He advised the man to try them on anyway and he did. I don't know if he bought them or not. 

So not much there then but a small story that made me pleased. Coincidentally, I did once own a pair of girls trainers and wore them for a few years in my teens. I was unaware that they were for girls at the time and to be honest I'm not even 100% now it's just that a friend mentioned it to me. The only really girlie thing about them though was a few bit of lilac here and there. 

1 comment:

  1. Heh, I've long considered that trainers are indistinguishable for males and females, never actually managed to own anything remotely interesting mind. I have noticed that the only real difference twist trainers is the sizes they come in - and the choice of colour, I guess.

    Basically, the nicer and brighter colours are usually female aimed. Curse my over size 8 size feet.

    ReplyDelete