Thursday 22 November 2012

Harry Potter Cosplay #2

Well, overall my weekend was full of ups and downs but despite initial nervousness I loved dressing up again. 

My weekend didn't get off to a good start really. This time I decided to try shaving my legs again. Now, I normally use an electric razor for all my shaving needs because I'm the type of person that would doubtless end up hacking chunks out of my face if I used the traditional kind. The electric razor does take a while now (not that it's a proper Ladyshave or something like that) so I decided to give the traditional kind a shot to see if it would do a better job. I ended up cutting my thumb while trying to clean some hairs from it and at the time it looked quite bad but after a few days it cleared up and I'm left with a tiny scratch now. Luckily my lift arrived and verified that it didn't warrant a visit to the hospital. All through the journey I was wondering why one side of my body seemed colder than the rest then I realised that it was because I had one leg shaved. 

I did the other one a day or so later. My costume didn't change apart from adding a couple of bracelets and swapping my black shoes for my trainers but I did feel comfortable in it perhaps due to the combination of my usual clothes and the new stuff. I got a lot of compliments though especially with my star tights so at least that's all good. At least I wasn't the only person doing that costume so I felt less nervous than usual. 

I think that's all I would like really, the freedom to wear a skirt and tights or a dress if I wished. I'm happy with my body though and doubt I would want to go as far as a wig, breastforms and make-up. I'm a lazy bitch and doubt I could keep up that level of maintenance anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment