Wednesday 7 November 2012

Fashionista #3


Ok, so...

Remember last time I mentioned studs and spikes? Well this is now officially A Thing. Little studs and spikes are now adorning the shoulders of jackets, handbags and shoes as women are trying to look that little bit more badass and teen-emo punk.
Studded shoes

Studded Jacket
One little twist to this is also the jewelled collar on that Noughties favourite the sheer blouse. Notice on the picture below that the blouse is also tucked into the skirt. This is another little thing that has now become popular. The free flowing shirt or top is gone and the future is tucked shirts with skirts riding a bit higher up the waist.

Tucked and Bejewelled

Patterned tights are in mainly with hipsters and geeks but are slowly creeping into the mainstream. Leggings with floral patterns are in especially with matching jackets.





Patterned Tights and Leggings
Speaking of jackets, Superdry Japan are out and this years essential jacket is quilted. It seems that the Sloane Ranger look may be about to make a comeback. Ok, yah!

Quilted Jacket

Staying with jackets, this is more men than woman but it's now becoming fashionable to have the collar of your overcoat turned up and some colour underneath. Can't really find the right picture to illustrate this one.

Sticking with comebacks, the military look may be on the rise again. This is one look that keeps emerging and it's understandable considering the times we live in. The military look, green shirts and khakis, was quite popular in the 1970s following the Vietnam War and let's not forget that one of the biggest and most durable fashion items is military in origin: the T-shirt. US Veterans started wearing them casually after World War II and they really caught on in the 1950s. The last time it came around was in the late 1990s and I doubt I will forget the cargo trousers and multicoloured khakis that adorned market stalls everywhere as I was in my late teens.

In the Army Now

To finish off, one item I'm seeing more of is the dress or jacket and skirt combo with the frill in the middle. A tight dress with a frill looks sexy, stylish and professional. A 21st century version of 1980s power dressing.

Fantastic Frills!
 That's all for now. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I thought the shoes were pretty cute before I realized those were all little spikes. I know I have a habit of scratching my legs with the toe of my shoe, so having spikes there >.>

    I also can't stand having my shirt tucked in. It's just so uncomfortable.

    Those flower leggings are really cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm with you on the tucking. It's never been a good look for me.

    ReplyDelete