Sunday 29 September 2024

The Maxi Skirt: A Love Story

 Well it looks like summer is over more or less and it's not normally a month I'm fond of because of body issues. It's nice to have bare legs but then there's always a worry about now matter how much you shave them, there's always going to be hair on your legs. It's taken me a while to embrace certain aspects of feminine clothing. When you're starting out it's like trying to find your own style all over again and a lot of trial and error is involved. I always liked wearing short skirts and tights but it took me a while to start wearing dresses and now I have way too many. I mean, I just bought another yesterday which is purple with some flowers on it. It fits lovely but is a little shorter than I would have liked. 

So anyway, this is the year I finally embraced the maxi skirt. I've worn them before and in particular I've always loved pleated maxi skirts but I've amassed quite a few now and this year during the heat I enjoyed wearing them and in particular a light purple one that has become a go-to item for me when I come home from work. At least it means I can still have bare legs and not worry about the odd hair that may crop up although it doesn't stop me shaving them when I go out. I've also worn a thin pink jacket on occasion when going out and it's really made me feel that my outfit is a more complete than it has been before, if that makes sense. 

This summer does seem to have been a time for maxi skirts as I've spotted quite a few out on the streets mainly a smooth, silky look in a metallic colour. Bows in the hair also seem to be more of a thing and it's something I wish I could try but I think my time for having long hair is probably passing unless I wanted to start wearing a wig. It looks so pretty though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment