Wednesday 1 April 2020

Check Up #2

Again, there's not an awful lot to report this week and I expect it will be the same for at least the next month. I'm even facing a reduction in wages due to cuts made at work because of the crisis so I doubt spending money on clothes will be a priority although there was a Tardis themed dress I saw recently that I was going to buy to wear to a now-postponed event. Still, may get the chance at another time later in the year if and when things get back to normal. The trouble is that there's no new normal at the moment. New restrictions keep coming into place all the time so it's hard to adjust to things.

One little silver lining though is that working from home allows you to dress and this week I have finally dressed for work. Finally the chance to wear some of my more work-y dresses. Normally I shy away from buying them as I have nowhere to wear them to but you all know how much I love a Clara Oswald style dress with a Peter Pan collar. So far it's been quite nice sitting taking calls, legs crossed, pad on my lap, like a secretary. Luckily I don't have any video conferences to do.

So,this period can be a great time to explore crossdressing especially if you're on your own. Want to dress for work how you've always wanted to? Why not. If only I had bought a skirt suit somewhere along the way. Perahps one day I could lean more into the bimbo and wear some pink. I can't also claim to know what spending isolation with a partner is like but who knows this time might be the ideal one to bring up crossdressing as something you're interested in. Perhaps this might be the time to experiment, suggest a clothes swapping game or dress-up day if you have kids. Now, of course I don't know everyone's familial situation and I don't pretend to but I know that the last thing you want is for someone to react badly while you can't just walk out the door. One thing I have done though is to size up a partner to see how they may possibly feel about me going a bit girlie. One good thing about being so out is that I may meet my next partner while dressed which at least would save an awkward conversation.

This may also be a good time to experiment with make-up too (something I've been meaning to) and there are lots of tutorials on YouTube. I was so tempted to keep my painted nails after the weekend but I've been trying to look as businessy as possible to try and avoid being stopped by the police when I do have to go into work. This may also be the time to write some captions or TG stories if you've always had a yearning too think up some cosplays.

So please stay safe everyone and, if you can take the chance to go girlie while you can

No comments:

Post a Comment