Thursday 2 February 2017

Crutch

I'm beginning to wonder if I've been using dressing as a bit of a crutch recently. I've had a really bad couple of weeks at work and I've been finding that I've been wanting to dress more and more when I get home. Perhaps it's my way of escaping into a bit of a fantasy even though it's not really a fantasy by this point.

Just last week, I wore a wonderful dress to my own birthday drink. I had been looking forward to it for ages. I also bought another nice dress at the weekend.

It could be a sign that I'm getting more confident and that I'm progressing more and more. Not sure where it will lead but I'm looking forward to it. Summer is certainly going to be interesting. Perhaps I'm trying to claw back something of myself from the day.

Rather random thoughts, I know.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate and I understand. Crutches aren't so bad if you have a gammy leg or a bad sense of balance or even are just rather tired of walking for such a long distance. And indulging in real fantasies, I would argue, is the most powerful indulgence of them all!

    ReplyDelete