Tuesday 5 March 2013

Back From Con

Hey everyone

I spent the past weekend at a convention and to be honest I'm a little down about it for reasons that I won't really go into here. I did dress as Amy Pond once more but it didn't seem to go down as well as the last time although at least I had the correct hoodie and a new wig albeit one that was browner than expected. I was a bit nervous although I did receive some encouragement from friends.

I guess I was expecting a bit more attention than I got. One guy thought, because I had a black shirt underneath, that it was a Star Trek uniform (that's actually a whole other blog) and I was expecting at least one wag to tell me I was in the wrong toilets whenever I heeded a call of nature. I tried out an Amy scowl in a few photos though. Some really impressive cosplay on as always. I guess one thing that irked me was talking to a friend of mine who saw it as more of a drag act than a crossplay even though I don't wear falsies and make-up. He's also someone who's seen me do this sort of thing many times and again it bothers me that people always expect me to dress in female clothes when dressing up. I don't know if I'll ever wear this costume again although I would like to especially since I've got it right now. Still, plenty more looks I can try out although the next con I attend may (I haven't signed up yet) be one attended by Karen Gillan herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment