Tuesday 22 May 2012

Amy Pond Cosplay

I'm a big fan of Doctor Who and I'm going to be going to a convention soon.

They have discos and parties at night and normally I've resisted dressing up because it's not something I feel comfortable with. Never been a big fan of fancy dress which I know is an odd thing for someone calling themselves a crossdresser to say but I'll get into that another time. I have dressed up occasionally, sometimes as a girl, but either way I feel I stick out a lot.

I wasn't going to dress up at all but then I had the idea of doing Amy Pond. All I would really need is a big jumper, black mini skirt, tights, Chucks and a ginger wig. Probably the most normal dressing up I will have done. So now I'm on the look out for a few bits and feeling a little excited about it. A big part of doing it before was the attention I get from girls. A drunken man in a dress in Ibiza once told me that. At least it's an icebreaker and better than standing in a corner moping by yourself.

I used to go to Buffy conventions years ago and see the same guy there in the same black dress and tights every night. I wondered if it was the only time he ever got to dress and I hoped I didn't end up like that. That does sound a little mean spirited but that's what I recall thinking at the time. At least the guy had the guts to do what he wanted and more power to him while I just felt self conscious.

Not that I have the body to pull stuff like that off anyway and these days I worry a lot about my weight. Still, a chunky red jumper may be for the best then and by chance I bought a pair of blue Chucks the other day.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has been reading so far and I have 2 followers! Yay!






No comments:

Post a Comment