Tuesday 30 May 2023

Check Up #26

Once again I say I have been meaning to update this for quite a while. 

In March I went to a convention again. I did get back into it last year although lately I've been feeling that I don't really want to keep doing so on my own. Back when I was a teenager I did end up going to a lot of conventions and things on my own simply because no-one else wanted to go with me and I was determined not let that spoil what I wanted to do. These days I think I feel the loneliness more and sometimes I just can't face it. It's why I have been thinking that if I do want to do more cosplay it will mean travelling to a lot more conventions and probably spending most of the day on my own trudging round merch halls. 

Anyway, this time I was staying with some friends and I ended up dressing for more or less the whole time I was there. I did a couple of new cosplays with varying degrees of success and I'm even thinking about more for next year. On the Saturday night I was probably the prettiest I have ever looked. I had a very gothy dress on, tights, boots and a friend leant me a fascinator and I did get some really nice comments on it. I still probably should experiment with make-up at some point. 

I haven't really bought much else, perhaps a blue and white striped top and another blue pleated maxi-skirt. I'm still really enjoying wearing maxi skirts. I had a couple of events on recently so I was able to dress up for those which I'm always pleased to do although it does bring a dose of anxiety as well. I'll go through the motions of regretting what I'm doing but knowing that if I don't do it I'll regret it more and more. The current climate and endless gender debates don't really help either.

I've also recently completed my caption debt list on Rachel's Haven and it feels good. I don't know how often I'll cap from now on but I doubt I'll stop completely and although I enjoy doing it on Twitter sometimes I prefer something a little longer form. One thing I also enjoyed doing on Twitter recently was a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' type story made up of various polls. It was fascinating to see the answers that I got and to be able to write something every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment