Friday 30 December 2022

Check-Up #25

Ok, I've meant to update this for a while now and suddenly we're at the end of December and getting ready for the New Year. I may just go with the bullet points again for brevity's sake. 

  • I've had an up and down couple of months. I went away for a few days in November and came back with a cold (nothing serious, not COVID or anything) but it just proved hard to get shot of so I wasn't feeling up to much. Before that though I went to a sci-fi convention for a nice couple of days. I was able to do some cosplay as well, rolling out my 13th Doctor and Star Trek cosplays. In the evenings I also had the opportunity to dress which was quite nice and I had some compliments which is always welcome (apart from the odd moment in which someone half-heartedly tried to steal a necklace from me). 
  • I'm glad I had the opportunity to do more cosplay this year but it's something that, for me, the future is uncertain. I'm not sure if I want to keep going to shows as it can be lonely if I'm always going on my own. You do get used to it after a number of years though but then we also don't know how many years we have left. There are still a few I would love to do like the 10th Doctor, Missy, more Clara stuff, more Harley Quinn. Seeing Star Trek: Strange New Worlds this year I've been thinking about Nurse Chapel and also in the last month or so I've been thinking about the 14th Doctor's outfit as well. 
  • I recently bought a couple of new skirts, one purple with a black pleather ring around the bottom and the other is an argyle patten in blue, black, white and yellow. I also bought a necklace in the shape of a key but I think that's about it for things I've bought recently. 
  • Regarding fashion, I notice that argyle is quite trendy recently, tank tops are back and also large collars on dresses and jumpers. 
  • One thing I have noticed is that nowadays when I go out or purchase tickets for events I do consider whether or not I'll be able to dress at them. It's really one of the first things that pops into my head. I did have an event planned for early December which unfortunately had to be cancelled due to the ongoing train strikes here in the UK. Luckily though around the same time I was able to book up for a podcast recording and I was able to dress for that which I was quite pleased with. 
  • I had a nice Christmas with my family in the end and got some lovely gifts. New Year's Eve is probably just going to involve me and the TV again and to be honest I've been a little down this past week due to changes at work and preparing to move house in January so unfortunately things probably aren't going to settle down for a bit. 
Finally, here's a Christmas caption I devised for a more slimline version of the Christmas advent calendar I usually oversee on Rache's Haven so I hope you like. 


A Sissy for Christmas (2022)


2 comments:

  1. You've been a busy little beaver with all that activity! Podcasts and Cosplay, oh my! You MUST be Harley Quinn again before you "retire" sweetie! Then again, I don't recall seeing pictures from the 1st time. Harumph!

    And once again, great job with overseeing our half an Advent Caption Celebration on the Haven. You're such a special gal, and I'm glad to have become your acquaintance!

    Happy New Year to you and let's hope 2023 is even better for us both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Dee. Happy New Year! Photos of that cosplay do exist (it was my own spin on the character) but I don't know if I'll do it again, it will probably be a different costume. I'll always be pleased that that costume made a friend of mine say "I didn't recognise you, you look like such a slut!"

    ReplyDelete