Monday 30 August 2021

Check-Up #14

Apologies for not posting anything recently (if anyone is still reading this) but there's not been an awful lot happening. I wanted to make sure I put something up this month though so here we are late at night on Bank Holiday Monday. I've not made any new purchases recently and I'm still pondering my options for cosplay. Still in that same position of being really psyched for it and feeling inadequate. Probably best to keep off social media for a bit. Summer is ending shortly but hopefully it will hold on for a bit longer so I can go on holiday at last this year. 

I've mentioned The Changing Mirror website before and I would definitely recommend it as a great source of TF stories of various types (especially if you like weight gain stories) and in particular I've been enjoying the work of Grace Fairway recently. Unfortunately actually joining up has proved a challenge so it's a problem I've now been trying to solve. I have recently signed up to another site which I've been thinking about stories I may want to contribute so hopefully if I do then I will post them here as well. 

I've had rather a girly day today although trying a wig on for the first time in ages made me feel a bit down although it was nice to have the longer hair (which I always end up playing with) plus to tell the truth I am going a bit bald and at the moment it's terrifying me more than any other part of the aging process. I guess I feel more my authentic self with my own hair and when I have a wig on it just feels fake. I feel like the stereotypical transvestite rather than just myself which bring out a self-loathing I rarely have around my dressing. Before COVID hit I was looking at using a dressing service but I note that some do just hair and make-up tips so I'm wondering if a crash-course in make-up might help things. 

2 comments:

  1. If it helps, I'm still reading.

    I know what you mean about wigs too. I have no advice or help to offer, but the fact that you are heard and sympathetically.

    ReplyDelete