Friday 9 October 2020

Rats and Ruffles

Nothing much has been happening recently but I have got another new wig. Black hair again this time with redder highlights. I have seen a nice few dresses recently but nothing I'm that interested in at the moment. 

I'm hoping to start up with some caps again soon as I've managed to get a new laptop and everything should be sorted out now. Although I have managed the odd one or two I've missed doing them and as ever I've had a lot of ideas for things I want to write about and not the time to sit down and properly do them justice. As such I'm afraid things are a bit thin on the ground this week but I have got a couple of things for you. 

I spotted an article in Esquire the other day about ruffles coming back in fashion for men, certainly shirt-wise, in these more genderfluid times and it does seem to make sense. While the article mentions spotty teens at proms in the 1970s, I can't help but think of Jon Pertwee as the Third Doctor who was rarely seen without a ruffled shirt and smoking jacket. I doubt it's something I would be interested in though except on a skirt. 

Article: Real Men Wear Ruffles by Murray Clark

As it's the Halloween month, I have some suitably spooky captions from my back catalogue I may put up. This is one of my lesser seen ones and was created as part of Rachel's Haven's caption contest for March 2016 which had Initiation Ceremony as the theme. Not exactly horror based but I know but I thought it would fit ok. 


The Loyal Order of Mouse Rats (2016)



2 comments:

  1. Wigs! I have a female friend that since Covid has been happening, has been buying wigs, and buying up different styles of used clothing .. so that she can her look as she sees fit.

    It's her way of controlling something in her life, as this whole pandemic has altered much of her day to day rituals.

    Hope you are doing well sweetie! It's been a hell of a year for me, and I'm hoping 2021 will be much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hunny. I have my good and bad days like everyone else but I can't imagine how terrible it's been for you this year.

    ReplyDelete