Wednesday 15 January 2020

Saturday Shopping

This weekend I bought some new clothes and these days although I love it I do feel I may be buying a bit too many or maybe I just don't have space but yet I just can't resist.

Anyway so first I bought a black, pleated pleather mini skirt and I have to note it was not unlike one I was going to buy last year but was stopped by a patronising sales assistant (Look for my entry 'Some Dude, a Zip and a Changing Room'). For those wondering what I did in the wake of this, whether I went back or not, the answer is no. I've never darkened their door since although I walk by there at least once a week. I still think about going back fully dressed and just walking around a bit but I doubt anyone remembers me and sure I think I'll stand there and make some grand speech like in a TV show but ultimately it won't make a difference. I guess the fact that that I still think about it indicates how strongly I feel about it. It's a lovely skirt though and I do love the pleated maxi skirts that have been in for the last few years so i hope to finally get one for the warmer weather 

The other item was a black checkered dress that I was initially unsure of but it fit me so nicely I bought it and sometimes you just love the look of something on you. Last year I bought a lovely pink jacket in the same shop. Initially I didn't get it but I went back the next day and as I was leaving the male shop assistant complimented me and said it would look nice on me (no, you haven't just wandered into the beginning of a TG story). Now, I wasn't quite sure how to take this and spent  minute or so trying to work out whether it was good natured humour, sarcasm, banter or a compliment. In the end I believe it was a compliment and I was quite taken aback by it as I didn't expect it. I'll leave out the part about walking through a supermarket on the way home and was suspected of stealing the thing from there. I think I mostly expect a negative reaction from people but perhaps I shouldn't. Coincidentally I was in there the other week buying a top. Usually it gets rung up as a ladies garment but it went through as a mens. Because of me? Who knows. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment